What is User Choice?
Through the User Choice program the government contributes towards the cost of training for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees. Instead of paying for the full cost of training, apprentices or trainees and their employers will pay a reduced amount.
The program provides the flexibility for apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred registered training organisation to provide the training.
To be eligible to receive subsidised training under the User Choice program you must:
- be employed in an approved apprenticeship or traineeship
- have entered a training contract for a qualification funded by the government
- have selected a training provider that is a pre-qualified supplier (a government-approved training provider)
What training is available?
NSTA Pty Ltd have a Queensland user choice contract to provide training and assessment in the following qualifications
- RII30820 – Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpenter
- CPC30318 Certificate III in Concreting
- CPC30620 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
- CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Constructions (Pipe Layer)
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Constructions (Road Construction and maintenance)
- RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Constructions (Road Marking)
How User Choice works
Apprentices or trainees and their employers can select a preferred RTO to deliver subsidised training from a list of User Choice pre-qualified suppliers. Pre-qualified suppliers can then claim payments for the training they deliver. The subsidy is paid directly to the pre-qualified supplier on behalf of the apprentice or trainee once training is delivered and reported.
Apprentices or trainees pay the remaining training costs as a co-contribution fee. A third party such as an employer or a parent may pay this fee on behalf of the apprentice or trainee but the pre-qualified supplier cannot.
How do I find out more information?